Bringing Play by Mail Gaming to the Web

Forums

Canterbury Gamers News :: Forums :: CGN Games :: CGN Roleplay Games :: Restoration England

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Rule Queries and Erratta
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Dave C, PaulC, JonL, Andy Scott, Raydifarrell, Seany K
Author Post
Seany K
Mon Dec 09 2013, 08:33AM
Registered Member #262
As is only to be expected, I've been asked a couple of questions regarding the rules:

Improving Riding.
Can a cavalry member practice horsemanship in lieu of barrack room duties?
Answer: Yes they can

Regimental Quartermaster
If a Captain or Ensign/Coronet is appointed as regimental quartermaster, is their weeks duties treated in a similar manner to barrack room duties? That is, can they undertake training in swordsmanship; advanced knacks; tactics; riding (as appropriate) in lieu of these duties?
No, they are too busy counting equipment and finding someone to sell it to.....
What do you need to roll to become a Regimental Quartermaster (corruption to the table)
Answer: A roll of 6 is rquired to become RQM

[ Edited Mon Dec 09 2013, 08:34AM ]
Njal
Mon Dec 09 2013, 10:03AM
Registered Member #232
Sean, perhaps the RQM should get some modifiers on campaign. Less chance of death, MiD, promotion and loot? After all they're sitting in a tent counting supplies.
Andy Scott
Mon Dec 09 2013, 12:24PM
Andy Scott
Registered Member #23
Or personally overseeing the delivery of food and ammunition to the front, scouting the countryside to find enemies and supplies!

I think the argument can be made either way in that regard, so adjusting his death roll to me is not warranted. His role is more about making sure they have everything they need when on campaign, he will still be fighting with the regiment and if he skims too much then his regiment will know who is to blame as well
Seany K
Mon Dec 09 2013, 01:06PM
Registered Member #262
Ian/ Andy - if they are sitting in a tent or running around the countryside requisitioning supplies, their unit would be without a commander and someone would have to act up. I think the simplest and most effective answer is to have no DRM the same as Regimental Adjutant in TPT.
However I have a possible issue with RQM's who volunteer separatetly from their regiment in as much as how do I handle the time they are away from their regiment.
I feel that if they volunteer they effectively resign as Quartermaster but at the least they should not be able to embezzle.
Thoughts?

- S
Njal
Mon Dec 09 2013, 01:29PM
Registered Member #232
I think not be allowed to embezzle is my preferred answer. Lots of absentee everything in the period.

Ian
Manu
Mon Dec 09 2013, 02:08PM
Registered Member #267
"Erratta" really ?
Could you let us know about deadline too ?
Thanks
GavinP
Mon Dec 09 2013, 02:36PM
Registered Member #280
Sean, What does a "6" mean in the duty for appointments, specifically the Constable of the Tower?
Seany K
Mon Dec 09 2013, 02:55PM
Registered Member #262
Gavin,
the '6' means that the bleepin' table lost its format......
The Constable has no specific amount of duty but can organise tours of the Tower

Manu,
Deadlines are this Friday for Applications and the 20th for Orders. There is a weeks gap between the two for this turn only just in case lots of questions come up at the last minute when people put in orders
GavinP
Mon Dec 09 2013, 10:39PM
Registered Member #280
Thought so but wanted to check!
JonL
Wed Dec 11 2013, 07:17AM
Monsieur l'Éditeur, TPT

Registered Member #11

Can you clarify the 1st Regiment´╗┐ of Dragoon, the Tangiers Horse, please?

1) The regimental application table on page 59 has their name in italics, indicating that they are a cavalry regiment.

2) They are described as mobile infantry on page 60 of the rules.

3) The regiments of the english establishment table on page 61 does not require their privates to own any horses - like infantry regiments & unlike cavalry ones.

4) The brigades table on pages 65 & 66 lists them as using dirty fighting with a rapier.

So, is point 3) above an intentional inconsistency? Regardless of the semantics of whether dragoons are cavalry or not, they are at least mobile so surely even their privates/troopers must require horses? Or are you suggesting that their horses are provided by the regiment? Also, would officers in 1st Regiment of Dragoons qualify for membership of the Cavalry Club (see page 19)?

I've no specific objection to dragoons straddling the infantry/cavalry divide, but the rules do need to be very clear & specific, as its not just about naming conventions. It also impacts upon support costs and elligibility for club membership...
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF